STATEMENT OF FAITH:
The following is the doctrinal position held by Dream City Christian School. All personnel serving in any official school capacity are expected to personally hold to these convictions and teach them. All parents/guardians shall agree to our organization teaching these viewpoints (in an age-appropriate manner) to the students in an effort to instill values from a Biblical-worldview.
- We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, inerrant Word of God.
(2 Timothy 3:15-17; 2 Peter 1:21)
- We believe there is one God, eternally existent in three persons—Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. (Genesis 1:1; Matthew 28:19; John 10:30)
- We believe in the deity of Christ (John 10:33):
- His virgin birth (Isaiah 7:14; Matthew 1:23; Luke 1:35),
- His sinless life (Hebrews 4:15; Hebrews 7:26),
- His miracles (John 2:11),
- His vicarious and atoning death (1 Corinthians 15:3; Ephesians 1:7; Hebrews 2:9),
- His resurrection (John 11:25; 1 Corinthians 15:4),
- His ascension to the right hand of the Father (Mark 16:19), and
- His personal return in power and glory (Acts 1:11; Revelation 19:11)
- We believe that it is the goal of every Christian to grow in spiritual maturity through obedience to the Word of God and the indwelling Holy Spirit. (Romans 8:13-14; 1 Corinthians 3:16; 1 Corinthians 6:19-20; Ephesians 4:30; Ephesians 5:18; 1 Corinthians 12)
- We believe, according to His promise, that Jesus will physically return for His people. This truth has been revealed to provide the believer comfort and encouragement in his life.
- We believe that God wonderfully and immutably creates each person as male or female. These two distinct, complementary genders together reflect the image and nature of God. (Gen. 1:26-27) Rejection of one’s biological sex is a rejection of the image of God within that person.
- We believe that term “marriage” has only one meaning: the uniting of one man one woman in a single, exclusive union, as delineated in Scripture. (Gen. 2:18-25). We believe that God intends sexual intimacy to occur only between a man and a woman who are married to each other. (1 Cor 6:18, 7:2-5; Heb 13:4). We believe that God has commanded that no intimate sexual activity be engaged in outside of a marriage between a man and woman.
- We believe that any form of sexual immorality (including adultery, fornication, homosexual behavior, bisexual conduct, bestiality, incest, and use of pornography) is sinful and offensive to God. (Matt. 15:18-20; 1 Cor 6:9-10)
- We believe that in order to preserve the function and integrity of Dream City Christian School as a local Body of Christ, and to provide a biblical role model to the Dream City Christian community, it is imperative that all persons employed by Dream City Christian School in any capacity, or who serve as volunteers, agree to and abide by this Statement of Marriage, Gender, and Sexuality. (Matt 5:16; Phil 2:14-16; 1 Thess 5:22.)
- We believe that God offers redemption and restoration to all who confess and forsake their sin, seeking His mercy and forgiveness through Jesus Christ. (Acts 3:19-21; Rom 10:9-10; 1 Cor 6:9-11.)
- We believe that every person must be afforded compassion, love, kindness, respect, and dignity. (Mark 12:28-31; Luke 6:31.) Hateful and harassing behavior or attitudes directed toward an individual are to be repudiated and are not in accord with Scripture or the doctrines of Dream City Christian School.
- We believe that all human life is sacred and created by God in His image. Human life is of inestimable worth in all its dimensions, including pre-born babies, the aged, the physically or mentally challenged, and every other stage or condition from conception through natural death. We are therefore called to defend, protect and value all human life. (Psalm 139)
- Final Authority for Matters of Belief and Conduct: The statement of faith does not exhaust the extent of our beliefs. The Bible itself, as the inspired and infallible Word of God that speaks with final authority concerning truth, morality, and the proper conduct of mankind, is the sole and final source of all that we believe. For purposes of Dream City Christian School’s faith, doctrine, practice, policy, and discipline, our school board is Dream City Christian School’s final interpretive authority on the Bible’s application.